As temporary events staff, you are in a unique position to be a part of the most incredible events offered in Qatar. Many folks apply to work for these events, and while you may be chosen to participate, you want to also stand out
The difference between good and exceptional events staff is more than just your basic responsibilities. It’s about doing what it takes to give the guests an exceptional experience through your service and attention.
Good staff will mostly show up on time, handle tasks well, and will interact politely with guests, Exceptional staff create memorable experiences. They radiate enthusiasm and are proactive and always professional while going above and beyond their duties consistently.
They become agency and client favorites and are on top of the call list due to their adaptability and problem-solving skills. When you have exceptional staff, events tend to flow seamlessly – and guests feel genuinely welcomed and valued.
Below are a few pointers that will help set you apart as one of the EXCEPTIONAL events staff all the agencies and event managers prefer:
– Always wear the designated uniform, ensuring it’s clean and well-fitted.
– Maintain a neat and tidy personal appearance.
Engagement and Attitude:
– Always wear a friendly smile and maintain a positive attitude.
– Show genuine interest in the event and the guests.
– Greet guests warmly and professionally.
– Be attentive and listen carefully to guests’ needs or questions.
– Speak clearly and maintain good eye contact.
Phone Use Policy:
– Avoid using your phone during work hours except for emergencies.
– If you must use your phone, step away from guest areas and keep it brief.
– Stay alert and engaged; avoid looking bored or disinterested.
– Stand or sit in a posture that shows readiness to assist.
– Be aware of your surroundings and proactive in offering help.
Teamwork and Cooperation:
– Work collaboratively with your team members.
– Offer help to colleagues when they are busy or overwhelmed.
– Address any guest complaints with empathy and professionalism.
– Escalate issues to your supervisor when necessary.
Remember, your role is crucial in creating a pleasant and memorable experience for the guests!